Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Whee!

I have not mentioned it to most of you...well, any of you really, but I will soon be leaving my current job. I was becoming more and more unhappy, and I was feeling aimless and unfulfilled. I realize this could describe 90% of the population, but there you go. Worst of all, my friendships with the people I was working for were starting to suffer, and I think this is best for everyone.

I faxed off two resumes yesterday at lunch, but I wasn't getting my hopes up too high as usually people need to send many resumes before they get a bite. I just got an email from one of the two companies offering me an interview, which is great. Sounds like I would be buying computers for a middle-sized local government contractor and helping with configuration and that sort of geeky stuff. That stuff, I can do.

I don't want to jinx it, but if I can keep my wits about me, I usually interview pretty well. Hopefully, this will work out. I think if it did, about a half dozen people would be happier than they are right now. And that can't be bad, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the interview. I hope you find something that makes you and the other half dozen happier. :-)

Shocho said...

Sounds great! Best of luck with that. This was obviously the "secret thing" you talked about on the blog earlier. You go, girl! :)