Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Feeling guilty

We're having a floor installed today. Two rooms of Pergo, because the carpet in one of the rooms was stained beyond repair (and not all due to the cats, actually, now that I see the rooms without any furniture in them).

The guy I assume owns the small flooring store I chose to use instead of one of the big box home improvement stores told me on Friday that they would start pretty early. I seem to remember times like 7:00 or 7:30 a.m. being thrown around.

Well, we arranged for my husband to stay home and oversee them. I woke him up at 7:00 a.m. It's now 8:30 a.m., and they're still not here. I avoided getting up to DDR (figuring I could do that or throw the bike on the trainer for some exercise after work tonight) because I didn't want to be DDRing when a bunch of burly flooring installers show up. It's starting to look like I should have plugged in the pad.

I guess all that Googling I did about an hour ago, trying to figure out if I'm supposed to tip them, was all for naught. If they're going to show up late without even calling to let us know what's going on, I'm not sure how tip-inclined I'm feeling. (grumble)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you see, you've learned what I've learned after nearly three years of living in Stevens Point:

"Don't rely on anybody to do anything, ever."

It's a sad philosophy, but it's the only one I've got left

-- Jason

Shocho said...

Well, that may be true, but the ugly old guy in the bonus round on Wheel of Fortune with the stringy long gray hair is ruining it for all us other Silver Foxes.

And then he guesses "FHGD," which is the best bonus round guess ever. He munches the bonus.