Monday, March 14, 2005

WoW and Tivo and no time, oh my.

Lots of changes this weekend, two of which caused the entire Friday night through Sunday night period to blow through here on an express train...do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I have a ten day free trial with World of Warcraft. I was determined to stay in until I got a pet, at level ten. I'm now level eleven, and I'll be logging in there as soon as I finish this, in pursuit of level twelve.

Why do I do this? Time slips by hours at a time while other tasks (the bills, our taxes, the pine cones in the front yard, the laundry, vacuuming) pile up, as I spend my time killing spiders and big cats in a make-believe world where my hair is white and I have an ass-kickin' pet owl.

Then we go and buy Tivo (E, I put in your email address as a referral when I registered) and I have four hours of stuff on there already. When am I gonna watch that? I was afraid that would happen. Maybe I don't have the time to watch all that stuff about which I used to think, "Man, if only I had Tivo, I'd watch that." By 10:00 tonight, I'll have five and a half hours worth of stuff on there. And we hooked it up yesterday.

Oh, and I have a 25 mile time trial this Sunday that I have to train for. I am going to get my ass kicked, but it will serve me right for letting up on my training. DDR has really interfered with my time on the bike. (Worth it when I do those 9's, though, on second thought.)

This was going someplace, but I drank a Hard Black Cherry Zima while I was writing this and now I'm too light-headed to remember what the point was. Oops. Sorry for wasting your time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? Buying toys makes the boredom go away.

Anonymous said...

You can turn off the TiVo Suggestions feature where it tapes things it thinks you might like. I would highly recommend doing that, if you're weak-willed in the face of its suggestions.

On the other hand, if your will is strong, then it's kind of fun to find out what it thinks you like based on what you tell it. :-)