Thursday, March 10, 2005

Wouldn't it suck to be Madam Hooch?

Pirate Monkey's Harry Potter Personality Quiz(Click the image to take the test yourself. Presented by Pirate Monkey, a name I am strangely enamoured with.) A couple of you have seen this already, but for the record, I thought it would be appropriate to establish the fact that I am a bookish, quick to anger, nerd.

The cool thing about this quiz is that I couldn't tell as easily as you can with most of those vanity quizzes which character I would end up getting. The last time I took the quiz, I retook it and tried to skew my answers to a particular character, but I kept missing and getting someone else. I suppose that's because it seems to be based on Myers-Briggs, which I've had varying opinions on for most of my life because I seem to get a different personality diagnosis every time I take it.

I peeked at the page where you can see all the results. I think all of the outcomes would be fun to get, except for Madam Hooch, who is in the books for a sum total of about a page and a half. That's like saying, "Hey, in the big 'ol novel of life, you're a minor bit character created so Harry could learn how to ride a broom. Congrats!"

(I just took an LotR quiz too, courtesy of a link from Jason, and discovered I am Aragorn. As that is clearly wrong, I declined to post the results from that test. I was tied as five different characters: Aragorn, Gandalf, Pippin, Sam, and Eowyn. I think if I can tie as five different characters coming out of that quiz, you didn't ask me enough differentiating questions. To take that quiz and perhaps tie for five characters yourself, swing by the Den of Evil, link to the right.)

2 comments:

Shocho said...

These quizzes always give me the lamest character possible: I got Olympe Maxime. Christ! Could that be worse? A half-giant headmistress. Ugh.

I think my peculiar ability to take tests means that I can't honestly answer the questions on a personality test. I'm always trying to figure out what the right answer is.

Myers-Briggs has only 16 results, which means there are only 16 kinds of people. I guess it depends on how you slice it.

Anonymous said...

When I started with Decipher, they gave me a quiz like the one above (minus the Harry Potter correlation, of course), and I came up as an ISTJ. THat's how I always come up on these kinds of quizzes: Lawful Neutral, Philodox, d10, whatever. I may be boring, but at least I'm fair and consistently boring.