Thursday, June 30, 2005

Coke's Acidic, But Does It Make You Bitter?

Maybe it's just bitterness, because I can't justify the empty calories in regular, caffeine-free Coke, which is the only safe version of it while I'm pregnant (avoiding both Aspartame and caffeine) and I haven't had any for months (okay, I've had about eight sips here and there).

I hate the new "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial.

When I hear, "And chill with it awhile" from that dude who looks and sounds exactly like he was plucked out of the early 90's bar scene (refugee from Singles) it makes me want to whimper.

That Christmas commercial, with all the people holding candles and standing in the shape of a Christmas tree, singing "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" was a classic.

I suppose I'm just not hip enough to 'get' the new version. I'll just nip off and become a Tyrannasaurus Rex, shall I?

3 comments:

thisismarcus said...

I think we know from experience that corporations can't do hip. If you had "real cool" (whatever that may be) you wouldn't use it to sell something. Hip advertising is flawed from the get-go.

Kindralas said...

This, I think, is the part where I plug Pattern Recognition, by William Gibson.

Anonymous said...

You're right - it's crap.