Sunday, June 26, 2005

In the Groove: The Second Review

Okay, I've played an hour or two more now, and I have more/new observations.

My complaint about the arrows being too small was completely my fault. Somehow, the game was set on some weird arrow modifier mode called "hallway", and when I set it to "overhead", the arrows were much bigger and more satisfying. Operator error on that one.

When I said I didn't like any of the songs my first time through, I either missed a couple (I hadn't played every song yet, and still haven't) or a couple of them have grown on me. First, MC Frontalot is my new hero. I love The PA Theme and Which MC Was That? The words are so funny they make me mess up the steps. Just ask CK and LWC about that; I was swearing in their living room tonight when I screwed up after "9 sided-die" in one song and "more game than Wil Wheaton" in the other one. (snort) I also like Bouff. Lots of off-beat stuff there and it really keeps your mind awake.

I still really like the choreography in ItG in general. Moreso now that I've played it a little more.

(Keep in mind, please, that I can only play fives and sixes at the moment due to the bun in the oven. I am not qualified to judge on the sevens and up.)

The load times are still a drag. The credits after every set, still a drag. But I spose I can live with that. Still very fun, all in all.

1 comment:

DrHeimlich said...

Yeah, I remember the first time I heard the line about Wil Wheaton. I was sure I hadn't heard it right. :-)

ItG's 7s and 8s are hard stuff. There are a couple 8s I have been able to do, but also many 7s I have not. The knackered factor really plays here, because the songs are so much longer.

My personal favorite of the songs I've done so far is ROM-eo and Juli8. I kinda dig the song, and the steps on Hard mode are just freakin' sweet.

Yeah, I wish the load times weren't so bad, but so much about the game is positive, I give it the endorsement overall.