Thursday, June 09, 2005

Excited

Yes, I feel much better than I did last night now. I am trying, as CK suggested, to simply decide to be optimisitic. I spent most of my youth being a pessimist, and if anyone asked me why, I used to tell them that only pessimists can be pleasantly surprised. If you're an optimist, you're expecting the best outcome, so any surprise for you will be a bad one.

People would regularly point out to me that I was spending a lot of time being negative on the chance of getting a momentary pleasant surprise, but it never really sank in. Today, I turn over the new leaf. Just don't expect, like, consistency or anything.

The main reason for my excitement is that my husband is in a car again, and this time, it is getting closer to me rather than further away. Yes, it will take fifteen hours. That is the bad news. I realize this. But the good news is that it will only take fifteen hours, and then it will be over. This is a good thing.

The bad thing is that I've accomplished very little of what I wanted to do while he was gone. I wanted to put some things on eBay, but as someone took the digital camera with him, I couldn't really do that. (Ahem.) However, that is no excuse for not currently having the laundry folded. Hopefully I can squeeze that in after work, as it would be pretty embarassing to be in the house for days and still have a laundry basket full of unfolded clothes.

Urk. Me=slob. But an excited one!

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Silly! We could lend you a digital camera, you know.

I am an optimist by choice, which I like to think means that I realize the bad things that might happen, I just choose to focus on the better results. An optimistic realist, sometimes I call that.