Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rip Van Kathy

So, I fell asleep last night at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 6:45. Weird. I probably got at least six or seven hours the night before, but boy was I sacked out last night.

I feel like I was just here at work, and now here I am again. Two hours down though, so yay.

I even remember Tom coming to bed and saying something to me, but I don't know what time that was. I also woke up briefly at 3:00 and again at 5:30 for trips to the little girls' room, and at 5:30 I figured I was up. That was nine hours of sleep, after all. I went back to bed and thought I would probably still be awake and I'd just grab my laptop and surf until it was time to get up.

Then the next thing I knew, an hour had passed.

I feel oddly alert today, as though what I really need every night is ten hours of sleep. Which is just not practical. For heaven's sake, when will I watch shitty summer reality television shows if I'm too busy sleeping?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually require at least 8 hours of sleep each night to function. I am worthless with less, left to beg on the street corners for vanilla lattes.

Getting up to run early in the morning has been the worst, because it means I have to be in bed by 10 each night. It's so hard!

And yet, worth it. It's part of knowing what your body needs.

Jason said...

I've been having the same weird sleep issues. Probably has something to do with the four-hour shift in my sleeping habits since I started the new job.

Shocho said...

Kosmo had a similar incident recently. Enter Sandman.

The old adage is that if you sleep like that, it's because your body needed it. What the fuck does that mean? Can't I get an email from my body or something? It's like sleep deficit. Nobody is sure if that exists or not. Medical science is such a sham.

Sleep is not bad for you, but it sure puts a crimp in the rest of the day.