Thursday, June 16, 2005

Self-Destruct

Am I a terrible, horrible, destructive person because I love watching the pure entropy of a situation destined to blow itself up?

I just watched a master at work. She put a flame to the wick and we all watched it travel up toward the stick of dynamite...blammo!

I would probably have been uncomfortable in that situation a few years ago, but there's something about watching the person who will inevitably try to use you as a scapegoat blow up and then have to back down that I find so rewarding. Especially the part where he thanked her at the end! The best. ever.

I may never have professionally associated with someone who so completely has my back before now. It's too bad it's necessary, but at least we're having fun with it.

Don't feel too bad for the stick of dynamite. I have it on good authority that all dynamite has it coming. Which puts me in the mind of Chicago.

He had it comin'
He had it comin'
He only had himself to blame
If you'da been there
If you'da seen it
I think that you would have done the same

1 comment:

DrHeimlich said...

Pop... Six... Squish... Unh-uh... Cicero... Lipschitz!