Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I'm a grown up

A situation just occurred in which the younger Kathy would have blown up and started more of a fight than was absolutely necessary in order to resolve the conflict.

I kept my head, repeated the facts as I knew them, backed it up with evidence that anyone with a brain can acknowledge (it's hard to fuck something up before you were even associated with the organization in question...that would be one heck of a screw up).

You know, not losing your head and saying something irrelevant (but immediately satisfying) makes everything even more blissfully satisfying in the end. Nothing better than staying calm, having the other person yell, "Prove it!" at you, and then you take about 14 seconds to produce the paperwork that shows clearly what a dumbass they are.

I love getting someone else in trouble after they've gone out of their way to try to set me up. I never meant any trouble for you. You invited it. You created it. Have fun swimming neck-deep in it.

Revenge is good. Cold, calm revenge is better.

2 comments:

TheGirard said...

And a chill filled the room

Shocho said...

This is the difference between a crook that knocks over liquor stores and an evil genius. It's a wonderful thing when a plan comes together. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Also, I believe that a stitch in time saves nine.