Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Gatorade Fun Facts

There are some advantages to feeling so queasy that all you can get down is Ensure and Gatorade. For one thing, it meant I got to see the mister when he brought me the goods after I felt so sick this morning. For another thing, it means I get to read the fun fact on the Gatorade bottle:

In 2000, Mia Hamm wowed the Kansas City Chiefs players, coaches, and scouts with a placekicking display, nailing two straight tries from 50 yards and a 30-yard field goal with her left foot.

So why isn't she kicking in the NFL? Don't tell me it's because she's a girl. For crying out loud. Say it with me now: Most of the placekickers in the NFL are girls. So what's the difference?

I'd be thrilled if the Skins signed her. That would be about the best placekicking they've had in years.

5 comments:

Jason said...

Ever seen Necessary Roughness?

You know that this means, don't you? If Pavel is actually Pavelina, you have to train her to become the best damn placekicker ever.

TheGirard said...

Because there is a difference if you are out there in your shorts and a tshirt kicking one for fun and out there in pads, a helmet and having 11 guys breathing down yer neck.

Besides, if they are away, she won't be wearing white.

>:)

Kathy said...

So, wait. The implication there is that only a man won't fall apart under the pressure?

TheGirard said...

but when yer in a foxhole for a month, you know, you could get a disease..


;)

Brad said...

I think it was because she already had a sports career.

You know idol of girls world round and what-not.