Saturday, March 25, 2006

Sigh...More Links

It's Link, from Zelda. Get it?So, that's a picture of Link from the Zelda series over there. Get it? (I'm running out of "link" gags.) Update: Picture now with Link left-handed goodness.

Coming to a Flash Player 8 plugin near you, the Murlock RPG. Apparently it takes about an hour. It's averaging a 9.13 out of 10 rating after more than a thousand reviews at the moment, so I gather it's rather good. I haven't, you know, played it myself or anything, but I thought some of you Murlock fans out there might be into it.

This Star Trek machinima video can perhaps not be described in words. Maybe you have to experience it for yourself. (Read about Machinima on wikipedia if you dunno what it is.)

Another Spore/EA article, this time from a little more of a business perspective.

My Perplex City cards came and I've solved about 4/5ths of them, including a couple of the hard ones. I'm ranked in the two-thousands somewhere, tied with someone who calls themselves "Truffler". I think most of you who are likely to be reading this would really like the game, especially all you trivia people out there. You can buy it in the US from Insound, who I can attest is a reputable dealer. I got free shipping, too, and they came pretty quick. You can also solve some cards for free online. Two on their site, and one from Boing Boing that I blogged about before. There was a fourth one I found, but now can't find it again. I could have sworn I found a link to it on the PPC forums, but I can't find it now. If anyone else finds it, feel free to add it in the comments. Anyway. Fun game. Fun puzzles, and an overarching mystery behind the cards to solve. Good for all that pesky free time...that we have none of.

I bought this baby monitor, that has a built-in movement alarm. If twenty seconds pass and the baby doesn't move at all (the monitor picks up breathing and all those tiny little movements) then an alarm sounds on the parent unit (their term, not mine). This is either the smartest thing I've ever done, so I can sleep more soundly and less worriedly, or it's the most paranoid thing I've ever done.

5 comments:

Jason said...

What a crummy figurine. Everyone knows Link is left-handed.

Kathy said...

I aim to please, so I have rectified the situation. My apologies to the southpaws.

Shocho said...

Woo hoo! I ordered 4 PC packs. Me need more points! Thanks for the link. If anybody else is playing, I'm Shocho on their website.

Mkae said...

Georgia Music is making a huge push to bring Perplexity to the U.S. I picked up a couple of cards at GAMA. I might be able to get some more if it's in demand for our group.

Kathy said...

Oooh, good lead, Mkae. I went to their website and it looks like GM got the US distribution rights.

I wonder when it will be coming to a store near me, and how I can find out?