Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Foreman

We finally found some patio furniture we liked, so we spent some of our tax return on it last night and it was delivered to the house this morning. (Nice store, to deliver so quickly, huh?) It was nice outside this afternoon (just a touch windy, but the house pretty much blocked it from our deck) so the B and I retired outside to put it together.

She was enjoying the sights and sounds, together with her sweet massage chair, as I cooed to her and turned the wrench. She's a harsh taskmaster, my little foreman the B. I got everything but one of the swivel rockers together before the B needed some chow. After the mister got home, we got the last of the chairs constructed and then moved the glass to the table (hey, I'm macho, but I can't do that on my own) before we came in and enjoyed some mucho tasty tacos for dinner.

Here's the furniture (we also got a wooden gliding rocker, but that isn't even out of the box yet) that got put together today. Now that the weather is getting nicer (finally) we can soon eat outside and admire the view of the common area, which is actually pretty nice.

I just have to go buy a new propane tank for the grill first. Sigh. It's always something, isn't it? We couldn't move the old one to the new digs back in September (not safe in the moving van) so now I must pay the piper and take care of that last detail.

By the way, it didn't actually take until it was dark to put it together. It only just occurred to me to take a picture of it a few minutes ago. Note the beginnings of rain in the picture. Figures, just when I'm talking optimistically about the weather...oh, well. Shouldn't be too bad. Can't rain forever, can it?

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Furniture looks nice, as does the baby, always. Some day you should take some pictures with you and the baby.

Rain is a much shorter duration event in St. Louis than it is in Norfolk. I was used to waiting out a cloudburst there, as opposed to watching it rain for four days straight here.