Monday, March 20, 2006

Rest Areas I Have Known and Loved

States I've visitedLook everyone, Mkae started a meme. Somewhere in the wild, Shocho is cringing. My day is complete.

Doesn't Kentucky look out of place?

Like I said in the comments on Mkae's post, you can see the car trips I've been dragged along for taken across the country, north and south. You can also see that I've been to Disney World, and that we stop to pee often enough that all those states count. I also traveled by car several times up to college in Boston, and I've also driven from Virginia into Canada.

This is a losing battle for me, I'm afraid, as I have no desire to ever go to Alaska, and I'm not sure I have any special need to fly all that way to Hawaii, either. Like Lewis Black said (but about New Zealand, instead), "If the good people of [Hawaii] want to be a part of our world, they'll jump off their islands, and push 'em closer."

I nearly forgot to cross off Colorado, and as many of you know, I went to the 1996 Star Wars:CCG championships (no, didn't play, just loitered) in Vale. I'm also about 50% sure that I could honestly cross off Louisiana, but since I can't remember, I'm leaving it out.

Just for grins, here is a map of states I've stayed overnight in. Not bad, actually. Nearly forgot Tennessee, but I remember clearly going to the Grand Ole Opry with my parents in Nashville when we moved from California to Virginia when I was 12.

4 comments:

Shocho said...

http://shocho.livejournal.com/2004/02/25/

Kathy said...

Yes, yes. You did it all first. We know. Happy now? :)

Just because you hogged the internets before the rest of us got here doesn't mean we can't all have pretty maps, does it? (I wish you could choose blue instead of red.)

Shocho said...

At last my victory is complete.

Mkae said...

Nice job completely avoiding Kentucky. :)