Thursday, July 06, 2006

Small Things That Make Me Happy

What makes me happy, other than the obvious larger things like the mister and the B, is what we have on the mantel in the living room.


I wish I had room for more pictures. There's a goofy little display cabinet in-between the two sides which I've cropped out, mostly because I'm thinking of moving it. I would let me put about four more pictures up on the mantel and one up on the wall, and I think I'd like that.

While these pictures are missing a lot of people that I'd love to have represented up there (there are more pictures in the built-in bookshelves to the left and right of the fireplace) I feel good every time I look up there. From the close-ups of the newborn B on the left to the posed and unposed shots of family and a few of our friends in the mismatched frames, I like to look at all of the pictures.

The teacup ride at WDW is represented...cycling, family, my first trip to the zoo with the B, my parents' 50th anniversary brunch cruise. I usually hate having my picture taken, but looking at these makes me quite content.

No comments: