Thursday, July 13, 2006

Antique Mall Finds

I've gone to two different antique malls around here in the past couple of days, and found a couple of things. One that we needed, and another thing that is really pretty and didn't cost very much. I'm pretty happy with the pull.

First up is the coffee table I've been looking for. I wanted something smaller that could get easily dragged out of the way, because the B still lies on the floor in the living room playing with toys and tricking us into thinking she's just about to start crawling.

It has a completely rounded edge, which is good for her noggin in the event that she bangs into it. It swivels, so she'll have fun with it there. And it's round, so she can walk around it once she can pull herself up and sidle along. In fact, she'll be able to do that pretty early, since she won't even have to move her hands at first due to the swivel. So, pleased with this lovely purchase for $55:



This lovely trio of small stained glass (real, not the gallery glass painted kind) was only $12! I need to run out to the hardware store and buy some small chain link to hang it, but so so pretty, right?



I also found four long-out-of-print Little Golden Books for $2, and a bag of antique buttons (good for crafting, you know, as soon as I get time to do that) for $3.

Maybe I'll go to another one today! Or, to the grocery store, where I really should go. I think I've done enough goofing off so far this week. But at least it was fruitful.

No comments: