Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Happy Fourth

Hey, here in central time, I still have forty-three minutes and counting to post this on the right day. We had a nice fourth, I think. The odd part of it is that I never saw any fireworks. I heard some through the walls of the house, but they happened to coincide with the period of time that the B wanted to go to bed, so I stayed in her room and told her stories until the sounds went away and she stopped flinching at them so she could sleep. We had a cute little outfit for the tiny B to wear today, as a part of my "celebrate all of her first holidays" plan. I think it was quite cute. I may put her in it again before she outgrows it, mostly because it doesn't actually say "July 4" or "Independence Day" on it.

We took a trip to the Missouri Botanical Garden today with her, which was great. She enjoyed it too, as you can see below.

There were lots and lots of pretty flowers and displays at the garden. I included the daylilies picture below, but click on it to see the whole set in my Flickr stream. It really was very beautiful out there today. The only downside was that it was hot as &$#()#_@#* out there, so we had to suffer just a wee bit to see it. It wasn't too crowded, though, and we found a drinks machine at an opportune moment, so we survived it.


So, nice day. Hope everyone out there is well and feeling good.

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Oh Kathy, what does it mean when you use words like "&$#()#_@#*" and I use words like "crap"? Are the times a-changing?

Nice stories and pictures, BTW. Thanks.