Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lady, I Feel Your Pain

Mom & baby meet a pregnant spider monkeyAt the Milwaukee County Zoo, which we visited during our desperate flight from the power outages and hundred-degree weather, we stopped in the monkey house and observed this poor lady spider monkey. You may have to go view the picture larger to see exactly how pregnant that monkey was.


In person, she looked so pregnant that I think we might have seen a brand-new baby monkey if we'd been willing to wait ten minutes or so. She was having a little more trouble getting around than the other monkeys flying from rope to rope around her. I held the B up so she could get an idea what her own mommy had gone through to get her here, but I'm not sure it sank in.

(Don't worry, I'm not planning to be one of those mothers who tells the 'I threw up for nine months for your ungrateful self' story every time the poor B misbehaves. Much.)

Shy red pandaI also thought Miss Easily Distracted might enjoy this pic of a red panda. The poor little thing is supposed to have a big, bushy tail, but hers was amputated after a medical issue. She seemed really shy, hiding way in the corner of her pen, so I quickly snapped this picture and then moved along to give her some privacy. She was cute as a button, though, tail or not.

2 comments:

Doug W. said...

Wasn't the AJ Foyt 225 at the Fairgrounds this weekend? I would have thought that the B would have been there!

We were at ND in the Family Hall for the weekend and could not make it up for the 225.

erika said...

cute panda :-)