Friday, July 28, 2006

Clerks II

Saw it two nights ago and dug it. It really could have been mindless references and jokes from the first Clerks, but ahoy! There was actually a plot and stuff there. Better than the first one, I think.

A few things:

The Silence of the Lambs dancing? Funny stuff.

I wanted to hate Elias but couldn't quite do it. I don't know why I wanted to hate him or why I wasn't capable of doing it, and I don't have the wherewithal to analyze it further.

The dancing on the roof scene? Now I know why you boys like this movie so much.

But really, I liked it a lot. What I don't get is all the pissin' contests going on about it (go to Kevin Smith's blog if you wanna read about it, but it's goofy stuff). For heaven's sake, it's just a movie. Like the man himself pointed out in his most recent post, don't people have more important stuff to argue about?

(Ooooh. Sick burn.)

No comments: