Monday, September 12, 2005

Made It

Well, we got here yesterday at 11:15 p.m. local time, after leaving the beach at about 10:00 a.m. The cats did a great job in their cage in the back seat. Tosca even allowed Muse to use the litter box at one point, which I was very concerned about as she is quite territorial. I was very proud of how they both just rolled with it and even seemed to enjoy looking at the sights out the windows.

Trip was pretty uneventful. Our gas mileage, even with the hybrid-unfriendly West Virginia mountains, was right around 40 miles to the gallon. We had to stop every couple of hours so I could walk around and get circulation moving around the baby, but it didn't seem to hold us up too much. We pretty much thought the whole time that we'd show up here just after 11, and we did.

For right now, I am in the hotel room (where we'll be until we close on the house later this week) and I plan to take a massive nap right now. Had to get up to get the cats to their last boarding facility until I can get them settled at the new house as soon as we take possession. I felt horrible leaving them in yet another cage, but I have nowhere else for them to be. At least they will be safe and they are in the right state, finally.

We miss all you guys already. It still really hasn't sunk in that this isn't a vacation. On the drive yesterday, I kept wondering what all the stuff we were passing would look like from the other side of the highway before I remembered that this was a one-way trip.

More later, after I get some more sleep.

No comments: