Saturday, September 17, 2005

How To Tell You're Still a Geek

It's when you read an article, linked from Slashdot, about the UI design of Firefox, and you get upset when the author suggests that the tabbed browser windows don't conform to some outdated IE UI standards.

I mean, my heart started beating faster at the notion that someone might listen to this guy and ruin the best part of Firefox, the beautiful, unconnected-from-each-other tabs.

I have eight tabs active right now. Ask me if I want 8 separate windows (no) or if I want all these tabs to share the same forward/back history (no).

Goodness, though. Even through extreme cardboard box-related and cable company-induced (more on this later) exhaustion, I still have the geek factor necessary to get all worked up about browsers and UIs and such.

And here I thought my brain was already turning to mush.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I agree with all of that!
Tabs rule!