Monday, August 15, 2005

The Unpost

I meant to post, before flying out of VA today, that I would be gone for a bit and I'd have more news of househunting in MO at the end of the week.

Reached the hotel in MO to find out there's wireless access in the rooms. r0x0r. We'll be keeping you all apprised of our progress, because I know how riveting it must be.

A few notes from my day:

Flying is overrated, but the time still passes faster than in the car.

If you're going to fly, wear shoes without any metal on them at all.

Bring your own damn sandwich. No one sells them at the airport anymore. All you can get is pizza and hamburgers. When you can get through the lines at all.

I'm not buying this "no one is flying" jazz. Both of my flights were chock-full, but oddly, not in my row. I had a middle seat empty next to me on both legs, even though most of the rows of three on both planes were full. Pretty good luck, really.

My nails are ridiculously long, as is my hair.

I have one more day of work left until there will be an indeterminate length of time in which I will not have a job. Odd, that.

I think I liked the vomiting part of the pregnancy more than the heartburn stage. Is there some agency I can go to in order to trade back?

Our baby thought the take-offs and landings were pretty cool. Lots of somersaults during those. Maybe there's a pilot in there.

Okay, so so sleepy now. Must go.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I had a sandwich when I was in LAX last week. It wasn't good, but it was a sandwich.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with the food thing, particularly on transatlantic flights where you are stuck with "prechewed by weasel" offerings for 8+ hours.

In your case, if you plan on flying wear no shoes at all so you can be barefoot and pregnant. Why, oh why do the TSA not give you somewhere to put your bloody shoes back on???? The queue up front is bad enough but when you've finally passed through the detector you end up among a sea of businessmen hopping around trying to put their shoes back on and their laptops back in their damn cases.

Kathy said...

Many people who know me in person would have probably cautioned you away from the barefoot and pregnant joke. Just FYI.

Anonymous said...

St Louis is 5+ hours away so I think I'm safe?

Just good natured badinage...