Saturday, August 27, 2005

Like Floss for the Mind

So, CK's LWC and I were watching Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban today and I remembered something I'd wondered about the last time I watched it.

You know when you see someone in a movie and you think, "What else have I seen them in?" I had that very familiar, universal moment when Mrs. Weasley was clucking over Harry in the pub near the beginning of the movie. It took a moment to place it, but I suddenly realized that she was probably Rita from Educating Rita. I meant to IMDB it, but I forgot to do it just then.

I finally remembered to check on it tonight, and as some of you may already be thinking, "How could she not know that was the same person?" I should tell you that she is indeed the same person.

Even though I was pretty sure I was right even before I checked, I still felt that tiny little moment of relief and triumph when I confirmed it. What is it that silly little things like that can make you feel so much more clear? It's like proof that your brain is still working, still finding connections and patterns.

1 comment:

Trundling Grunt said...

Associating people from one movie to another is always a pig when they are separated by many years. It's worse with supporting actors in TV series who you end up referring to as "you know, him, the one who was in..."