Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mindless Bitching

I took a nap this afternoon, after sort of a weird, restless night. I fell asleep around 1:15 p.m., awoken only at about 1:50 p.m. when my cellular rang.

It was our realtor. I just had this weird feeling when I picked it up that it wasn't "there's an offer on your house," but something annoying instead. I was right about that.

"You're at work, aren't you? I'm just double-checking."

"No, I told you that I'd given my notice and I wasn't going to work again."

(I'm thinking, in the back of my mind, "Isn't that why we stressed that it was really important for you to give me as much notice as possible about people making appointments?" I remember talking to her about this on Monday. I realize we aren't her only concern, but if she can't remember that one thing, I'm sure there's someone who can.)

"Oh, no! There's someone coming between 2 and 3."

I think I just blinked a few times and looked at the clock again. It said 1:53. I had been drooling into my pillow about four minutes before that. The house wasn't really set up at all (all the lights on, all that BS) and my laptop was sitting open on the bed (we don't leave it in the house during showings...too easy to steal).

"Do you want me to call them?"

"Uh, yeah," I told her, with what I'm sure was a 'duh' tone of voice.

She did call them and she bought me some time. I got dressed, packed up the computer, got into the car, and drove away to my safe haven (thanks CK and LWC!) I stayed there until I felt the coast was clear, playing Mario Kart Double Dash (damn Bowser combo kept challenging me). Got home and got settled again, only to have my phone ring again. It was the realtor again.

"I just got a voice mail telling me some people want to see your house, but it sounds like they're on their way over there now! I'm going to call them back but I wanted to tell you just in case they showed up there in the next few minutes."

I had just enough time to complain to the mister on instant messenger when my phone rang again.

"Ah, it sounds like they want to come tomorrow. And someone else wants to come between 9-11 in the morning. Okay?"

Won't someone please just buy this bitch so I don't have to leave my bloody house for random blocks of hours? It is a real pain in the ass when things are in such flux and I am really feeling run down and tired all the time. This is part of why I was looking forward to having some time where I wasn't working before the move, so I could rest up a bit.

It is not really working out that way.

Whine whine whine.

I'm beginning to hate every single wall, door, and nail in this place.

No comments: