Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sicky the B

It's finally happened. The B has her first little bug.

For those of you keeping up with the mister, I'm sure you know he's had a cough and a stuffy nose for awhile now. I've had the B out of our room at night (we're transitioning her into her own room and the crib right now, with a lot more results on the positive side than the negative) but it seems as though she's caught whatever her dad has.

I got my first clues yesterday, when she sounded kind of stuffy. During the night, she began to cough. A check of her temperature this morning revealed it was normal, and a call to her doctor indicated that I should only bring her in if her temperature elevated, if she got extra fussy, or if she began to refuse food.

I should add here that one of the more difficult things about being a parent includes the stuff you have to do with that little bulb syringe and some saline nasal spray when they get stuffy. I'm not sqeamish about it, that's not what I mean, but having to put that stuff in her nose with her looking at me as if to say, "I thought you liked me, mommy!" while I do it is a special sort of sad.

She has now started a very low-grade fever and is starting to get fussy, so I think I'll be taking her to the doctor tomorrow whenever they can fit me in. Poor little sleepy sick baby. Few things pull at the heartstrings like this does.

No comments: