Sunday, April 23, 2006

Ah, the Ear

Forgive the quick 'n' dirty image editing. I wish I'd had the pride to match the font, but I just can't seem to summon up the anal retentiveness to spend the time doing it.

We found out yesterday that Brigid's cold is actually a cold plus an ear infection. She is, thankfully, our goofy little B, and is taking it mostly in stride. She does seem to be confused why she's not feeling the same as she usually does and her appetite is way down, but she is, on the whole, weathering it quite well so far.

I could have predicted this would happen sooner rather than later. Neither the mister, nor I, have the best record where our ears are concerned. Our genetics added together may have produced a wonderful little easygoing (Tom) and cautiously curious (me) little baby, but there was no way they wouldn't also produce a proclivity to the ear infection.

She is on medication now, as well as something to help keep her fever in check (no point in suffering through the fever if the antibiotic that is required to fight the ear infection will be doing all of the work) and she seems to be on the upswing already. I, on the other hand, need to go to sleep now if I want to get at least five hours of sleep or so in before she wakes up for the first time tomorrow morning.

No comments: