Tuesday, September 05, 2006

IKEA > Mall of America

I still need to do a wrapup post for our trip to the Minnesota State Fair. You could say that when I forgot to grab the camera on the way out of the hotel room for our one actual afternoon at the fair itself, it sort of killed my enthusiasm for writing that post. I have no picture of her first carousel ride. This is not a great tragedy, but a minor disappointment that I wish I could have avoided.

Anyway. The first full day that we were there, we spent the pre-nap B time at the Mall of America. Her post-nap period was originally to be spent on the upper floors of the mall, but we decided to go to the IKEA across the street instead.

A tiny shopperBoy, I forgot how awesome IKEA is. Bless the Scandinavian flat-pack furniture people. We got an awesome, inexpensive wok. Also, two really cool hanging storage thingies for the B's room (for when she's older and won't hurt herself on them), some other kitchen things, chair pads for the dining room, and a few other random items. We got a bunch of stuff and it was just a little over $60. It was awesome. Just looking at the stuff there, even if you don't want to buy it, is great. I wish we had one here.

1 comment:

TheGirard said...

i, too, heart teh ikea!!!