Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dear Rachael Ray,

I want to like your little show. I do. (The new network one, not the one on FoodTV.) I could do with some quick cooking tips, I need some noise on in the background during that hour of the day, and there's nothing else on just then.

You seem so nice, really, but you just want to be my friend too fast. Slow down. It's stuff like the uber-conversational tone, and calling yourself "Raych". Maybe that will work in a year or so if your show makes it, but it feels presumptuous now. I feel like you're asking me really personal questions and saying, "Let's be best friends forever!" I'm afraid to return your phone calls, Rachael Ray. I dread that lunch invitation because I have a feeling that you'll ask me stuff like whether I had an episiotomy or not.

I dunno how you pull off, "Nice, but way too manic," but you've done it. Slow down. Take a deep breath. Take one half step back. Then try again.

(First comment is this post in Pirate speak.)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Aye, dear Rachael Ray, A pence for an old man o'de sea?

Arrr, i want t' like your little show. I do. (The new network one, not the one on Foodt'.) I could do with some quick cookin' tips, I need some noise on in the background durin' that hour o' the day, and thar's nothin' else on just then.

You seem so nice, mightily, but you just want t' be my matey too fast. Slow down. Tis' stuff like the uber-con'ersational tone, and callin' yourself "Raych". Maybe that will work in a year or so if your show makes it, but it feels presumptuous now. I feel like you're askin' me mightily personal questions and sayin', "Let's be best friends fore'er!" I'm afraid t' return your phone calls, Rachael Ray. Me dread that lunch in'itation because I have a feelin' that you'll ask me stuff like whether Me had an episiotomy or not.

I dunno how you pull off, "Nice, but way too manic," but you''e done it. Slow down. Take a deep breath. Take one half step back. Then try again.

Jason said...

Pirates don't use v's?

Shocho said...

That chick is OD'ing on perkyitis. This is what happens when you eat on $10 a day for months and months.

Shocho said...

Pirates don't use V. Here's a BBC URL that explains it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_5360000/newsid_5360100/5360186.stm