Friday, September 01, 2006

Actually, a CK/LWC Visit Wrapup Post is in Order

Well, it's just occurred to me that I never really recapped the marvelous time we just had with the K clan when they were all in town with us earlier this week.

We spent a nice, low-key evening after their arrival, havin' a little dinner and then just hanging out. Plans were made for the next day, including a trip to the Cardinals store at a local mall.

The next day, after the usual B getting up/getting fed festivities, we headed for the mall. We visited the Cardinals store, and I also found a nice Disney store and a Pottery Barn for Kids store. Boy, did I find a few things for the B in that last store. I wish there were four Halloweens every year for all the costumes I want to put her in before she's old enough to roll her eyes at me and tell me she's too old to dress up. I got her a little fairy skirt and a butterfly headband which I plan to just randomly dress her in whenever I'm feeling festive. She seemed to tolerate it pretty well. We also witnessed a command performance of Guitar Hero, which I got no pictures of, as the B and I napped on the couch a bit while it was ongoing. It wasn't the company, I assure you. I do like the catnap with the baby, especially when she wakes up at five and doesn't take her morning nap.

We had dinner with relations of CK's, and it was just delightful to meet them all. The B did OK, although everyone left in the restaurant at that hour was treated to her cranking noises when I took her to change her diaper. Here's an idea: how about better insulation on restrooms to keep the noise inside?

The next day, Tom was able to take off from work and we had a nice, leisurely breakfast to start out the day. We decided to go to the botanical garden to see the Chihuly exhibit, so we loaded ourselves into the minivan and cruised over there.

We wore out our cameras at the garden. Additional batteries were purchased, and we continued to take more and more pictures. Here's pictures of us wandering around. Here's a load of pictures of the Chihuly glass installation. Finally, if you are interested in such things, we also saw some flowers and a silly duck fountain.

A trip to Steak and Shake was next on the docket, where I was corrected, quite cheekily, as the Brits would say. I ordered a hamburger for my mister, and got, "Do you mean a steakburger?" from the man taking the order. ::eyeroll::

We took the food home so the poor little tired baby could sleep in peace, which she did. We hung out, and things were just started to seem the same as they used to be, when our houses were fifteen minutes apart (by car, not by Star Trek transporter, which they should hurry up and invent so we can start Friday night gaming again).

The next morning, after one more visit from their son, they had to load the cars and pull out of town, only to head as far in the opposite direction as they'd driven to reach our house. It was sad to see them go, and I missed my goodbye hugs as I had a sleeping, pretty cranky (several missed naps during the visit, but totally worth it) baby lying on my chest.

Good luck in your new town, CK and LWC. It was nice to see you, and we still miss you.

No comments: