Friday, September 08, 2006

And Lo, the Organization Did Find Them

And it was good.

I had been storing the B's downstairs toys in a couple of bins in the corner of the room, but it looked messy and it was difficult to find specific toys.

Enter this little bookcasey sort of thing full of bins, on sale at Target this week. I originally thought I'd use this in her closet upstairs for hats and socks and the little bits, but it's much better used like this. I even secured it to the wall with two screws and some picture hanging wire. I couldn't pull this thing down, so it should be very safe for B. She just doesn't have the motor control necessary to get the bins out, so I think we're good to go there as well.

The best part? The B seems to be happy with being able to see all her toys, too. I put all her favorites in the bottom bins and she's already enjoying rummaging around and taking things out. She got the book in the picture out all by herself! Now if only I could teach her to put the things she takes out away on her own.

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Soon she'll be old enough to empty all the bins and pile everything in the floor and then when you tell her to pick it up, she will sigh in a way I can't describe in words.