Friday, May 26, 2006

The Dream

Did you ever have someone in your life who you love, but who insists on saying something over and over again that makes you uncomfortable, that you completely disagree with, but you know there's no point in starting the argument about it if you say something in opposition to it?

Well, I do.

Don't worry. If you're reading this, it's not you. This person doesn't even know about the blog, and wouldn't know how to find it even if I gave them the URL.

I had the oddest dream about this last night, though. I looked right at that person and said, "It pains me when you say things like that. I really wish you wouldn't. I can't reconcile that with the person I know you are, deep down," and they smiled.

"Okay," they said, and looked serenely at me. "I understand. I didn't really mean it anyway."

Sometimes I wish real life could be like a dream.

No comments: