Friday, January 27, 2006

The First of Many Leaps

So, I've been stretching out the B's 0-3 month size onesies for the last week or so when they're fresh out of the laundry so they'll be long enough to fit comfortably. The mister mentioned something yesterday about how we'd need to get her the next size up soon, and I replied that I already had them. (I intend to have a full wardrobe one size up from her current one ready at all times while she's still less than 2 years old, so I can buy things as they are good deals or on sale.)

This morning, I looked at her in my favorite "Baby Bunny" little pink onesie and saw that the neck was pulling down quite a bit. I had the oddest aversion to getting out the first of the 3 month onesies to hold up in front of her, and I realized after I did it that it was because I was afraid it would fit her.

It does.

Why is she growing up so fast? Not that I'm not a fan of her sleeping for another five hour stretch followed by another four hour stretch overnight. There are good things happening with her getting bigger.

But her never wearing that baby bunny onesie again isn't one of them. I'm not taking that to the used baby clothes store for credit. I may take some of the other stuff, but not that one. They'll probably have to bury me with that thing. I wonder if I can make a pillow or something out of it.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Making a pillow out of it sounds pretty cool actually.