Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Best Offense is a Good Defense

This is Sean Taylor, a Redskins safety, scoring what was essentially the winning touchdown in the game this afternoon.

Boy, am I happy to say that the Skins have won their first playoff game in a very long time. This is the web I'm connected to and I could go look up when the last win was, but I figure that if you care, you could do the same thing. Who am I to ruin your fun with Google?

However, all that being said, it would have been nice if the Redskins could manage to score an honest-to-FSM offensive touchdown in a playoff game against the Bucs. Yes, I know one of the touchdowns was technically an offensive touchdown, but having one of your running backs take it in from the four or five after LaVar Arrington gets it inside the ten for you doesn't really count in my book.

If you were to go and look up, wherever these things are kept, a run down of the last playoff game between the Redskins and the Bucs, you would discover that the Bucs won it 14-13 and that the one TD scored by the Skins was done by Brian Mitchell, and it was either a punt or a kickoff return. That happened to be the day that Phase 6 came to our old apartment (this was a long time ago) to help us install our satellite dish.

As you can see, I have a crystal clear memory of that day. Perhaps now I can let it go, now that the Skins are moving to the next round, where they are slated to play a team they've already beaten in the regular season, in OT.

Hasselbeck, they're comin' for you! Whoo!

3 comments:

Jason said...

I remember that day, too.

Good thing you fobbed off that crummy holder on the Bucs later. And we certainly found use for his services, too.

Kathy said...

Well, to be fair, that crummy, giraffe-necked holder wasn't really the problem. The long snapper was arguably the problem, although as he's not with us any more (I know Jason knows this, but for anyone else not in the know, really, the guy rather tragically died a few years ago) I will choose not to speak ill of the dead.

Jason said...

This is hilarious, though...I was just looking at Brad's stats on Yahoo, and I pulled up his page.

Man's been in the league for 12 years, and they only have that one picture of him.