Monday, April 18, 2005

Taken, plus bonus DDR highlights

For those of you waiting with bated breath for the outcome of my job search, I took the job I was offered last Friday. I talked with the woman again today and she answered my last questions. I negotiated an extra week of vacation (which was a sticking point that I wasn't willing to budge on, and she took it good-naturedly enough that I suspect she was expecting me to negotiate a bit) and that made me happy enough with the offer to take it.

I'll be moving into purchasing and online sales management for a company that has educational accessory stores. I have the opportunity to grow the online side of their business, and it sounds as though they are really interested in supporting it. That is a good thing, as I think I could be into that.

Best thing, casual dress at the office. Everyone there was in jeans, including the president, when I had my interview last Wednesday. I was specifically told not to bother dressing up on my first day. Also, I will have one day off completely between jobs, which means...

LEVEL 40 World of Warcraft, baby! It's within my reach, especially if I beg G to drag me around a little bit more so I can play over my head a little. Mad EXP that way.

Now, for the promised DDR highlights, mostly because Evan just posted his and I feel the need to reciprocate:

1) Full combo on Jet World Heavy
2) New A record on Tsugaru Heavy, with 1 good and 1 boo
3) Passed (with a D, but passed nonetheless) V Challenge
4) Full combo, You're Not Here Heavy

I need to play more Max and Max 2, but I'm really rather addicted to seeing the calorie count the way it's displayed in Extreme. I hope they do it the same way in the next one. Anyone know when the next one is coming out? I could do with some new songs. There is the Red Octane game, In the Groove, coming out next month, and hopefully that will sate me.

Is that enough wandering rambling? Yes, I think so.

2 comments:

DrHeimlich said...

Congrats! And nice negotiating skills!

You are still at the front of the DDR curve, it would appear. :-) Unless Mike's been stepping it up too.

Shocho said...

The job thing sounds terrific! Congratulations. I think that will be great for you. I am so jealous.