Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Seven

In honor of our seventh wedding anniversary yesterday, here are seven things I like about my husband.


  1. He steals all my best lines but delivers them better than I did, proving we're a good team.
  2. He puts up with two cats even though he has allergy issues.
  3. When my soda was far away from me last night and I was already sitting down with my laptop in my lap, he handed me his. This is the twenty-first century version of laying your coat down over a puddle.
  4. He's just as likely to want to blow money on new, cool gadgets as I am, so we don't ever fight about adding a new doodad (like TiVo, for instance) to the arsenal.
  5. We pick up each other's hobbies; not out of obligation or grudgingly, just to spend time together. Because when one of us gets a new hobby we usually make it seem so fun that the other one can't help but want to do it.
  6. He's really the only person who can pull me out of a bad mood.
  7. He listens to my rants, which, let's face it, can be long.


There's a bunch of stuff too sappy for this very public list, but I'll leave that to the imagination.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should've known it was your anniversary. After all, it was Daylight Savings Time this past weekend...

# He steals all my best lines but delivers them better than I did, proving we're a good team.

So, are you two still working on that talk show?

# He puts up with two cats even though he has allergy issues.

He's a braver man than I.

# When my soda was far away from me last night and I was already sitting down with my laptop in my lap, he handed me his. This is the twenty-first century version of laying your coat down over a puddle.

Yes, but would he ever hand you the remote control?

# He's just as likely to want to blow money on new, cool gadgets as I am, so we don't ever fight about adding a new doodad (like TiVo, for instance) to the arsenal.

I just wish I was still around to mooch of you and your expensive toys.

# We pick up each other's hobbies; not out of obligation or grudgingly, just to spend time together. Because when one of us gets a new hobby we usually make it seem so fun that the other one can't help but want to do it.

Like geeks in an iPod. How romantic.

# He's really the only person who can pull me out of a bad mood.

I've seen those. That takes skilz.

# He listens to my rants, which, let's face it, can be long.

Hm, what were you saying?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and your mister! I make a list each year, too, on our anniversary, and sometimes on the mister's birthday - just because I can. I know that I'm biased, but I think that you and I have two of the best boys in the whole world.