Monday, April 23, 2007

I don't think so

You know what, Inez? I don't think I will "confirm my mortgage G5N7" with you, even though you've been kind enough to contact me at my personal email address to ask me about it.

Is there really someone sending out their mortgage information after an unsolicited email from someone they've never heard of? Isn't the odd letter/number combo in the subject line enough to warn them off?

Honestly, I hover between wondering how spam possibly suckers anyone in anymore, to wondering why we don't get more of it, when I realize that the sheer amount of spam we all currently get is an indication that there are plenty of sheep out there waiting to be shorn.

And hey, it's not every day that you get to use the word "shorn", so I'll cut there.

1 comment:

Doug W. said...

We took out a home equity line to do some remodeling...I must have received 50 snailmail offers for mortgage insurance. Without any place I could find telling me what the price was...how many people fill it out thinking it was from the BANK?