Friday, August 22, 2008

I Guess I Have to Buy Singstar Now?

Good news: Queen music in a video game. Bad news: It's for Singstar.

So, hey, the good news is that there's now a music game that features Queen. The bad news is a) it's apparently for PS2?!? (wtf) b) there's no track list for it yet c) it's singing only and not for one of the "whole band" games. Not as fun, Sony, NOT AS FUN.

I suppose there's a few upsides. It's not going to be in Guitar Hero, thus forcing me to buy it, because, you know...Queen. I lied. There's only one upside, and that's it.

Does anyone know what the chances are that a PS2 Singstar game will run in emulation mode on PS3? I mean, I read an article on the Playstation blog that makes it sound like I can play songs from a PS2 Singstar game if I own a copy of a PS3 Singstar game, but DO NOT WANT. I just want to buy the one game with my Queen happiness in it. (I also know that the 40gb PS3 doesn't have any emulation software on it at all, but I'm pretty sure we just have a puny 20gb PS3 that should have it.)

**shakes fist at the world...why didn't Rock Band get there first?**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been tempted many times by SingStar. I think LWC and me could have a lot of fun with the right songs for that. And Queen might just be it! We still have a PS2...

Cush1978 said...

The 20GB and 60GB have PS2 hardware compatibility. The 80GB has software emulation.

As for your particular game, you can check here: http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

A "singstar" search indicates there aren't any problems with the games, but I don't know the specific title you're looking for.

I suppose you also know that "Killer Queen" is featured in Guitar Hero 1, but the PS2 Guitar Hero games pretty much don't work on the PS3 without 3rd party hardware that "sort of" works.

Michael