Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Building with Duplos

(Yes, I realize it's probably "Duplo" in plural and not "Duplos". I just think it's a little silly.)

One of the great things about having a child is watching them gradually learn how to do things, and to realize how many of the more creative impulses we have are innate. I never told her to build animals out of the various Duplo blocks she has. Some of them have eyes on them, and she took it from there.

The creations so far:

The completed chicken"A bird"
The artist

And there was another red animal of some kind that was demolished before I could get to it with the camera.

I'm pretty amazed at how creative they are, but that they are still recognizable as animals. Why do we become less brilliant and freely creative as we get older?

No comments: