Thursday, August 14, 2008

Best Timing Ever

The B and I walked up to the community poolhouse for her to play in the kiddie pool after she woke up from her nap this afternoon. The clouds looked a little gray, but it didn't really look or feel like rain other than that.

We got there (after I had to yell "No! Go home!" at a dog that got out of its fenced-in yard on the way there, but the 'Everyone in Colorado has to own a dog and then get a shitty fence' rant is for another day) and she played. It was a random amount of time; nothing that was planned ahead of time but something that seemed long enough for her to play but not too long.

We left (with no tantrum, yay!) and walked home. I even took my time when we got to the house pulling a couple of weeds out of the rockbed next to the driveway, and then I walked under the alcove at the front door of the house. I heard a funny noise behind me and turned just in time to see the skies open up and a veritable deluge of water come down. It's like it was waiting for us to get under cover and then it all was released.

Weird, but it made me feel oddly lucky, like I should go buy a lottery ticket or something.

No comments: