Tuesday, August 26, 2008

But You're Not There on Saturday and Sunday, Morons!

You know what ticks me off? When people who send you bills give them due dates on a Saturday or Sunday. Listen, I know the bills are auto-generated, but it's not hard to code it so they check to see if the due date falls on a weekend. It's really not. If it's Saturday, make it due one day earlier. If it's Sunday, make it due one day later. Then hard code in all the bank holidays each year and change the dates for those, too.

You know I'll pay you on the earlier day to avoid late charges, even though you should round up to Monday for a Sunday due date. You might even do that, but I don't know and I certainly refuse to navigate your phone tree to ask you, only to have your CSR probably give me the wrong answer so I get hit with a late fee anyway.

Bills are soul-suckingly annoying to deal with anyway (and before some helpful soul tells me to have them auto-debited, HELL NO. There is no way I'm not going to go over the bills with a fine-toothed comb, and you have a much better position to argue with them over a bad charge when they don't have your money yet and they only get it when I okay the bill and send in payment) and then the companies go and give them impossible due dates. Don't make me come over there, billers. I'm going to count to ten!

No comments: