Saturday, November 05, 2005

Sports Night

We went to a Blues game last night. If they hadn't been plastered in "their worst game of the season", it would have been a great time.

Oh, who am I kidding? I left the house and went somewhere I've only been once before, had a pretzel and some cotton candy, and got to see my favorite player. It wasn't a bad night at all.

We went for a walk between period 2 and 3, and I think someone in the row behind us said, "Now there's a dedicated fan" when I walked by with my hand on my stomach in that pregnant lady way. Not that there were many people in the row behind us. The rink was depressingly empty, as the poor Blues currently have the lowest point total in the entire NHL.

You know what though? I still had a good time being out of the house. Those nights will be much further and fewer between quite soon, and I didn't go into labor there in the arena. It could have been much worse.

We happened past the Edward Jones Dome on the way. I have to stress that I have nothing in particular against the Rams unless they are playing the Redskins. Truly, I'd say the same thing about any team's field if it looked like the EJD. That being said, the hospital where we're taking our Lamaze class is less sterile looking than the Rams' stadium. By a wide margin. It was the Purell version of a football stadium. It was honestly depressing looking. I've never seen a dome in person before. I have to say, I'd prefer being rained or snowed on as I watched a game.

4 comments:

Shocho said...

Didja take the train? I love the train. I used to ride it every day to work. It's electric.

I figured out why you guys wanted to go to that game when I realized it was the Oilers. Didn't know about the Scotty Young bonus, that's cool!

Kathy said...

Ah, I sorta wish we'd taken the train just to have a little fun, but now that I'm past seven months we don't go anywhere without our own transportation. I can't imagine being on that train on the way home having contractions or ending up in an ambulance or something goofy like that.

Yeah, we saw Pronger in his new uniform. That guy waited until the Blues already had a two-man advantage and then totally cross-checked a guy just after the whistle knowing it wouldn't be called. Some of the crowd booed him (not for the cross-check, just in general for the trade) which I thought was ridiculous.

And yeah! Scott Young is back on the team. With all the injuries, it looked like he and Dallas Drake were running things on the ice. Scotty was wearing the A.

Ooooh! I forgot the best part. One of the things on the Jumbotron was, "The Blues and Captain Dallas Drake urge you to be courteous to your fellow fans," which made me laugh. The way Dallas plays, I can't imagine he's overly concerned with courtesy and decorum.

TheGirard said...

I don't have a contact for you guys. I was going to contact you guys about a recipe to make white sauce (the mexican kind). I remember Tom talking about knowing how to make it. Can you ship me or point me in the direction of a good recipe for it? thanks

Jason said...

As soon as I saw you mention your favorite player, I thought, "Is Scott Young back with the team?"

And at Panthers games, we get Ric Flair telling us to be nice. Uh-huh. Woo!