Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So, Yeah

So, if you read my mister's blog, you'll know by now that we lost his brother, Mike, a couple of weeks ago.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has helped us, and let you know that we are limping through as best as we can. Mike was the first person who seemed to embrace the whole crazy idea of the mister and I getting married four or five months after meeting on the internets, so he really will always hold a special place for me, as well. He never treated me like an outsider, even when it was completely reasonable to be wary of the whole situation.

I had my browser window open to this Create Post page when my sister in law called me to ask me to come over. I had started a post to bitch about some of the women on "The View" not being sure if the Earth was flat or not, because they weren't sure what the Bible had to say on that subject. It seemed really important at the time. At that point, I only had four minutes or so more of blissful ignorance until I pulled up in front of her house and saw the police car. Nothing good ever started with a police car in your driveway. Really, it was rather awful. I hope none of you ever have to drive around a corner to see something like that.

So hug each other and take care of each other and remember not to throw away opportunities to show people that you care about them. You really can blink and find the world has changed around you when you open your eyes again.

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Good advice indeed. Thanks for sharing this. Our thoughts are still with you.