Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Gaquin

That's as close as I can come to spelling it the way it sounds. This is what our B is calling her father, and no, it wasn't just a couple of times. She's saying it repeatedly, and clearly indicating that he is the one she is talking about.

For instance, he came out of the restroom the other day, and she ran over and shouted, "Gaquin!" He was away from the house and she sadly repeated, "Gaquin...Gaquin..." over and over throughout the day until he returned.

She's given him a name. Me? I'm just that lady who's always around, despite the fact that she did spend a long time calling me "Mama". Now I'm too ubiquitous for a name.

We also took a long, exhausting, interesting trip, which I will not jinx by talking about it. More on that as news arrives on our shores.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I am so making "Gaquin" a villain in the next book I write.