Friday, October 12, 2007

OMG Peep

So, I already purchased the B's Halloween costume. I got a worn-once, cute as a button bunny costume, complete with built-in head/ears/tail. She already has little white tennis shoes she can wear with it.

Then I saw...well...this.



This is not the B's costume. I just found it. It's $40. Ridiculous. Ludicrous. (want want want want)

Those of you who truly know me know how I love my Peeps. The year I was working my tail off to the lose over 90 pounds, I asked the mister to hide a box of Peeps in the house during Easter season and then serve a single Peep up to me each night. This is how important Peeps are to me. This is also the last year that we will most likely have complete authority over what the B will wear. Next year, she'll have her own preference. She'll want to be a princess or a volleyball or goodness only knows what.

So my dream of a Peeps Halloween costume is likely at an end, as no child would look at that costume and consent to be dressed in it unless they were simply too young to understand that they should scream, "No!" and run away. Sigh.

(There is an adult version of the costume, actually. I suppose next year I could make a deal with the child for us to "dress alike" and then buy both versions. I can dream, right?)

2 comments:

Jason said...

If you dress as a Peep, there must be pictures.

Anonymous said...

I cannot think of a better costume for anyone. Tom would make a great Peep!