Sunday, June 10, 2007

Two Very Unrelated Things

I am just lifting my head out of a period of extreme weirdness here, and I have two odd things to share with you.

First, in playing a bit of LOTR: Shadows of Angmar, I encountered an odd situation. I was invited to help with a quest, and I warned everyone there that I might have to leave partway through if my napping baby woke up. It was all right with everyone there, but one of them said, "Dude, isn't that what your wife is for?"

There are a couple of things wrong with that. He assumed I was male because I was playing an MMORPG. He also assumed that it's the woman's job to attend to the baby. I just laughed and ignored it, because who wants to type enough in one of those tiny MMO chat windows enough info to set that guy straight? Plus, what's the right answer? "I am the mom"? That implies that it's always my job to get her when she wakes. Better to just ignore it.

Second, while I was playing, I had Snakes on a Plane on (Netflixed) in the background. Worst movie ever made. Seriously. I was only giving it about 40% of my attention, and it still bored me to tears. Just horrible. Why did we ever waste the queue space on it?

The worst part is that I'd heard from just about everyone how horrible it was, and I still had to see it for myself. Yikes.

4 comments:

Jason said...

You're on LOTRO? Better be on one of my servers....

And another unrelated thing...my verification was "cydoashj," and I once had an L5R character named "Kyodasha." That's a little eerie.

Kathy said...

Oh, if I'd realized you were still playing, I would probably have checked to see what server you were on. Just on the slight chance that we happened to pick the same server...I'm on Gladden.

Might play for another month or so.

Kathy said...

To clarify: "I would probably have checked what server you were on before I started my main character."

Sounded weird to me the way I wrote it the first time.

Jason said...

Still playing? It's only been a month :)

Oh well, I'm on Arkenstone and Landroval. Stupid servers.