Thursday, June 07, 2007

Ow

Today, the B was resisting a quite necessary diaper change (TMI: because of a bit of a rash) and was flailing her arms around. Unfortunately for me, she was holding her hard plastic sippy cup in her hand, and it connected with my nose.

It was only love the deepest parental sort that allowed me to hang on to her (I'd picked her up intending to comfort her because I knew she would be upset about the diaper change) while the birds and stars orbited my head. If I'd been hanging on to anything else that weighed 27 pounds while I was that stunned and in pain, I'd have dropped it.

A little ice and some Advil seem to be doing the trick, though I was afraid at first that it re-broke my nose. Still feels heavy and strange, but I think it's okay. Yow.

1 comment:

TheGirard said...

no pictures?