Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Choosing a Class

So, I started playing an MMO again, like I mentioned in a recent post. It's something to do while the B is napping and I'm captive in the house. I didn't reactivate my WoW account, though, because everyone I know in there is leagues ahead of me in levels, and I'd be a big drag. Plus, there was a game I wanted to check out.

We got LotR: Shadows of Angmar. Initially, the mister was the one who bought it, but I found it really fun to play during B's naps, so I've really been monopolizing it. Now, that game is really quest-oriented, so if you're going to be flaky (as in, if she wakes up, I have to log out, and RIGHT NOW) then there's only one thing you can do.

And that's be a healer.

People will put up with just about anything if they can play with a healer. There are so few of us, and stuff is so much easier to do when you, you know, don't die. It's like being the kid in school who had the really great heated pool. You're popular because of what you bring to the table.

But what class should you choose, if you choose to play an MMORPG?

Answer this question: What do you like to do?

1. I like to watch numbers instead of the pretty fighting. I can do math in my head, and quickly. I like to do things as efficiently as possible. I like to be liked.
2. I like to stay out of the way, but still have some effect on stuff. I'm sneaky. I like to watch the pretty fighting. I'd get bored watching a bunch of numbers.
3. I like to make people mad at me. I can keep track of three or four things at a time. I like a flurry of activity and then I like to relax. I trust my fellow players to do their jobs.
4. Hulk smash!

Answer key:
1. You are a healer. Embrace it. Roll it. Put on the cloth, baby.
2. You are ranged DPS. Buy yourself a bow, find an out of the way place, and deal out the damage.
3. You are a tank. Get yourself some macros to pull all the enemies to you, increase your threat, and then sit back and let the healers keep you alive while the DPS does the killin'.
4. Wait, I'll use little words. You are up-close DPS. Try not to do too much, or you anger Mr. Tank.

And if you didn't answer 1, then do the healers a favor, and stay where they can bloody see you! If you run behind them, don't yell at them when you die. (For heaven's sake.)

(More updates coming soon, including B updates.)

1 comment:

Jason said...

If only I could get everyone I knew to play on the same server. When I next start an MMO, I'm going to post on my blog, "I'M ON SERVER 6!!!!!"