Friday, January 26, 2007

Wii Have News

Apparently as a surprise for my mister's birthday, the news channel for the Wii has just gone live a day early, and it's actually fairly nice. In precisely eight minutes (the Wii keeps track of how much time you spend doing stuff...I guess so parents can go in and see how much time the kids have spent playing games instead of doing homework or something) on it and got a really nice snapshot of the news in many different categories.

After just about a week of Wii ownership, I must say, it's pretty cool. When the B gets up from her nap, we'll go out in search of a new SD memory card (I really like that the memory slot isn't proprietary) and maybe a rechargeable battery system. Between the Wii and the B's toys, we don't half go through some batteries these days. Maybe I'll get a couple of classic Nintendo controllers too, since we have the GC Mario DoubleDash on the way from Amazon for part of the mister's present.

Damn, where are all you good double-dashers when I need someone to win all the hard races to unlock everything?

3 comments:

DrHeimlich said...

Yeah, too bad we're not closer. I'd have been happy to help you unlock some Double Dashy goodness.

Jason said...

But wouldn't you have rather spent another $300 for a Blu-Ray disk player?

Kathy said...

Jason: Oh, man, I'm jonesing for some expensive, very possibly irrelevant technology. But you know, if I want a PS3, I can stroll into just about any store and buy one off the shelf, so I'm not really worried about it.

;P