Saturday, December 10, 2005

Limbo

Enough about the baby for now. Let's talk about me.

I am in clothing limbo. Nothing I wore during the pregnancy really fits without being oddly billowy about the tummy, and nothing I wore before the pregnancy, well, zips quite yet.

Yes, I am still going to shrink a bit. Things don't go back to their normal state right away, and I probably have the odd 10 pounds to lose before my pre-pregnancy clothes fit nicely even after everything shrinks back down that's going to shrink down, either on its own or through exercise once I get the okay to do that.

It's odd how many symmetries and parallels there are in this whole deal. Bri is spitting up a fair amount, getting used to eating her new food, just like I spent the first five or six months of the pregnancy throwing up all the time. She used to wake me up from the inside in the middle of the night kicking, and now she wakes me up from the outside to feed or change her. I had to go to my doctor all the time leading up to the day she showed up, now she has to go to her doctor all the time to make sure she's okay.

This is my least favorite one, this having nothing to wear yet again. I ran out of clothes after my stomach got to a certain size on the way up and I spent some time in too-small-for-maternity-clothes, too-big-for-my-clothes limbo. Now I'm back in it on the way down.

1 comment:

Shocho said...

Sorry about the clothes thing. I guess you can take some solace in the fact that you're on the downhill side, and it'll all straighten out eventually. That sounded better in my head.

So you called Brigid "Bri" in that post... does that rhyme with tree or sky? We used to call Brian that (rhymed with sky, of course). When he grew up, he told us he didn't like it. Which doesn't mean you shouldn't call Brigid that, that's not what I meant.

This is not my most finely-crafted blog comment.