Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Have the Sweetest Baby Ever

Do you know how freeing that is to say that?

I told myself I wouldn't be one of those parents, bragging about how their kid is clearly the most brilliant, beautiful, wonderful being on the planet. Boy, is that annoying when people do that.

However, if you were here to listen to the noise she's making right now, you'd understand. I'm sorry. She's clearly the sweetest baby ever. She's cried about four minutes in the past twenty-four hours. I realize this could change, but I've been told that the baby's personality and temperment is truly being established in this first week of her life. If she was going to be a cranky baby, she'd be showing signs of crank already. Instead, she coos and clasps her hands against her chest, and cries just long enough for someone to address whatever the problem is and then she clams up.

Sweetest. Baby. Ever. Sorry, I'm also the most annoying parent ever. Be glad I'm not in the same city with most of you to force you to oooh and aaah over pictures of her in my wallet.

5 comments:

Brad said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my, I just realized something horrible. I was sitting here drinking my dinner and snacking on some chips when I realized something horrible that might happen to poor little Brigid Lorene!

I don't want to say anything horrible about your husband in a public place - cuz I like the guy - but I just realized that because of one of his beliefs ... *sniff* lil Brigid Lorene might suffer growing up ...

Yes, that is right, I am talking about guacamole.

That beautiful substance - not as powerful as coffee mind you - that make so many people happy and secure. I don't know if you know this but your strong, smart, and stunning handsome husband does not like the guacamole.

I fear for Brigid Lorene. I fear she will grow up not knowing the glory that is guacamole. Poor Brigid Lorene.

Kathy, please, please, reasure me that little Brigid Lorene will not grow up in a guacamole ignorant world. Please, when she is old enough, expose her to the glory that is guacamole. Please.

It is her only hope ...

Mkae said...

Yes, yours is the sweetest baby ever...behind my two of course. :)

erika said...

but... what if we want to see all the wallet photos??

and hear the cute noise??

Kathy said...

Oh, Kosmo...I'm so sorry. If anything, I dislike guacamole even more than Tom does. However. I do intend to encourage her to try a wide variety of foods so she won't have to go through life as picky as I am. It's really not easy to be such a picky eater.

E - do you have the link to the Flickr stream? It won't let you hear the sweet little squeaky noise but it's the closest thing to being forced to look at my wallet photos.

Jason said...

Guacamole is one thing. But please don't let her grow up to be a religious zealot, like her father. Even if she has to be a Redskins fan, that would be more tolerable than the horrifying alternative.